RealFlight owners…Download FREE software updates with new aircraft, flying sites and more!
Now you can always have the most current version of RealFlight.
Our RealFlight Development team never stops working on new ways to keep RealFlight simulator fresh, exciting, and valuable for improving your skills. Updates let you enjoy their latest innovations without waiting for a new version — and what's even better is that they're available free.
- Version 1.00.037 (December 2016)
- New Features
- Flite Test Tiny Trainer - The Sport variant, with an electric motor system and 4-channel control
- KDE 700 - A high-performance 700-class heli
- Green Grass Flatlands - A new airport designed to offer improved performance
- Saturation slider in Video Settings - The Sierra Nevada terrain in RF-X can appear too desaturated on some monitors. Use this slider if you want to punch up the color a bit.
- Binocular and HUD support for Flight Logs
- Resolution video setting includes available monitor refresh rates
- Numerous performance optimizations
- Resolution options always reflect 32-bit color depth
- Countdown timer for video resolution changes behaves as expected
- Application window is sized correctly on displays with high DPI settings
- Vehicle placement behavior on reset is improved
- Only flight logs for existing vehicles are displayed
- Smoke remains enabled after switching between Sierra Nevada airports and Green Grass Flatlands
- Pilot spawn names are more descriptive
- Sim returns to the main menu if a vehicle fails to load
- Orbit & pivot camera modes are more responsive to mouse inputs
- Alphabetical sort option in selection dialogs is case insensitive
- Eliminated various memory leaks
- Miscellaneous other bugs
- Launcher: .DCKs are properly removed during uninstall
- New Features
- Vehicle Editor (available separately)
- A new beta version of the RealFlight Vehicle Editor, 0.9.1, is available. You can install it over the top of the previous version to update.
- Download RealFlight Vehicle Editor, 0.9.1 from Knife Edge Software
- Vehicle Editor:
- Design, redesign, and modify existing aircraft to suit your tastes with the vehicle editor (available separately).
- Familiar toolkits similar to previous versions and compatibility with most older swap files.
- Supports open source FBX files; compatible with 3D Studio Max.
- 5X as many polys supported as ever before.
- Performance Enhancements:
- Improved frame rates and smoother operation throughout.
- RF-X now starts in "Full-Screen" with a "desktop" option.
- Green Grass Flatlands flying site for easy, less graphics-intensive flying.
- 1.4 Update (January 2017)
- New Scorpion Sky Strider 280
- New Mitsubishi A6M Zero.
- 1.3 Update (July 2016)
- improve the flight characteristics of several models, including the new Xplorer V and the Tempest 280.
- 1.00.035 Update (December 2016)
- The Scorpion Sky Strider 280 is a stylish 280-class FPV racing quad. We recreated two variants: one with the optional 5-degree angled arm clamps, and one with the optional 10-degree clamps. Both provide greater forward speed and visibility at lower vehicle tilt angles than a quad with upright motors.
- The xCraft X PlusOne is a unique hybrid design. The X PlusOne takes off, lands, and hovers like a quadcopter but tilts forward to fly like an airplane. With no control surfaces, all directional control comes from the four motors.
- 1.00.033 Update (July 2015)
- fully operational 3-axis gimbal for the Xiro Xplorer G
- headless mode can now be customized just like the 3 main flight modes
- Both versions of the Xplorer now have GPS
- Accessing both Xplorers is smoother and quicker than ever
- Update N (April 2015)
- Futaba Sky Leaf
- Update M (April 2014)
- Quadcopter trials
- Flyzone Calypso
- Update L (February 2014)
- Shipwreck HD
- Limbo III: 10 new ways to see how low you can go.
- Update K (January 2014)
- Great Planes Proud Bird ARF
- Balloon Burst III, with 10 exciting new levels.
- Update J (December 2013)
- The land/water classic: Flyzone DHC-2 Beaver
- Ring Race III
- Ring Race II: Bonus flying site!
- New, 27K polygon capabilities for builders
- Update I (November 2013)
- Flyzone Hadron Flying Wing
- Update H (January 2013)
- Heli-Max 1SQ Quadcopter
- Update G (December 2012)
- Gaui X7
- Update F (July 2012)
- The Giant Top Flite F4U Corsair
- Update E (June 2012)
- BF109e Messerschmitt
- Update D (May 2012)
- Enjoy a true change of pace: pilot an airboat!
- 3D Bayou Water Site
- Record engine sounds for RealFlight aircraft.
- Update C (April 2012)
- Synergy E6 and E7 Helis
- Try this option in "engine out" flying
- Add more real-life details to your airports
- Customize the appearance of props
- Update B (March 2012)
- Gaui 330X-S Quad Flyer
- New customizing options for the NavGuide
- Create custom heli blades.
- Update A (February 2012)
- Great Planes® F-86 Sabre EDF
- Skycrane Helicopter
- Junkyard Airport 3D Site
How to Update
Open your software's Launcher and click Additional Options. Select Registration/Update and click the "Check for updates before starting RealFlight" box. RealFlight will automatically search for new updates and download them for you. It's safe to say that keeping your copy of RealFlight current has never been easier.