How can I improve the performance of RealFlight G3 on my PC?
Improve overall performance in RealFlight G3.
Upon installation, RealFlight G3 attempts to optimize the configuration in order to achieve the best possible performance based upon your computer's specifications. If performance is less than you'd expect, below you will find some suggestions for improving the speed of the simulation:
Note: Please refer to the RealFlight G3 manual for detailed information on improving the performance.
- Ensure that the drivers for the video and sound cards are up-to-date.
- Close all other programs, especially virus checkers and network applications such as Instant Messengers, while running RealFlight. Use CTRL-ALT-DELETE to ensure that nothing else is running in the background. The process for turning off additional applications varies by operating system. For information on how to do so, we suggest that you consult the owner's manual for your particular operating system.
- Run the simulation in Full Screen Mode rather than the Run In Window option.
- Reduce the number of open Gadgets. Click the 'X' on each Gadget that you wish to close.
- Eliminate airport items/objects. To do so, click the View menu title, and then highlight the Show menu item. This will call up the list of objects that appear at this location.
- Reduce the number of recordings that are in use.
You may require additional RAM for your particular computer. To determine how much system RAM (not video RAM) you have, review the system information found in the technical support display. To do so, click the RealFlight G3 Launcher followed by the Additional Options button. Next, click the Technical Support button. The system RAM will be located in the system information box on the left side of the screen. If you have 128MB or less, you may need to upgrade.